You’ve probably learned throughout your ecommerce ventures that subject lines are one of the most important aspects of email marketing. Subscribers won’t click on an email unless it grabs their attention. If you’re struggling to think of great Christmas email subject lines, we have you covered! Below are some examples of attention-grabbing subject lines, email marketing tips for Christmas, and resources for finding free Christmas stock images.
Outstanding Christmas Email Subject Lines
A good ecommerce email marketing campaign starts with an irresistible subject line. After all, it takes an interesting Christmas email subject line for a subscriber to read the email around this time of the year. Their inboxes will be full of other retailer emails also offering various sales, so make sure your Christmas email subject lines are top-notch.
Here are a few examples of excellent subject lines used by other businesses for inspiration:
- A Free Holiday Gift Just for Our Favourite Customers
- This Is What She Really Wants for Christmas
- Have you got your Christmas jumper?
- Santa Is Running Low on These Items
- The Turkey’s Gone, It’s Time to Shop!
- It’s OK to have seconds (or thirds) of this sale
- Christmas Came Early with This Offer…
- Our Ultimate Gift Guide for the Holidays
- Last Chance to Notify the Elves
- Are Your Holiday Cards in the Mail Yet? Get 60% Off!
- Hey, we made you something for the holidays!
- We’re feeling very merry. Get 50% off your order.
Ecommerce Email Marketing Tips for Christmas
Follow up your interesting Christmas email subject lines with high quality content in the email. To ensure your content is eye-catching, follow these Christmas email marketing tips:
- Use Christmas and winter-themed images of superb quality. A bad image deters potential customers, so make sure your emails look attractive and professional to increase your conversion rate. You can download free Christmas and winter-themed images from ChristmasStockImages, Pexels, and PublicDomainPictures.
- Don’ forget to add glitter and sparkle! Some Christmas email marketing templates include a dash of glitter and sparkle to reflect the holiday spirit. You could also use various font graphics as well, but remember to not overdo it; a little bit goes a long way.
- Make it as easy as possible for subscribers to shop. The easier it is for customers to buy from you, the more sales you will generate. Use clear calls to action, include relevant links in the email, and insert price-based and category-based calls to action.
- Plan your email marketing campaign months in advance. 10 days before Christmas is one of the worst times to plan your email marketing campaign. Ideally, now would be the best time to create it since most people do their Christmas shopping early to ensure that there are presents underneath the tree. Nevertheless, all marketing campaigns should be planned well in advance, so that you have a cohesive strategy and minimize stress during the holiday.
Christmas is the best shopping period of the year if you create a good marketing campaign. Email marketing is a powerful way to boost sales for your ecommerce store during Christmas, considering it’s the form of marketing with one of the highest ROI. Prepare for the holiday shopping months well in advance by establishing the groundwork of your marketing campaign now. Write a list of email subject lines to use, create a folder with high quality Christmas images, and think about how to make it as easy as possible for customers to buy from you.
Contact us for additional help in creating a successful ecommerce email marketing campaign for Christmas.