Building an email list is about more than just gathering emails from those who are interested in your business.
When you work to create a list of email addresses, this becomes a long term marketing asset that will help you grow your business. In fact, Direct Marketing Association (DMA) states that American businesses yield an average 4,300 percent return on investment with email marketing. As if that’s not enough, the same study from DMA found that the buy rate with email marketing is double SEO efforts and 1000 percent higher than social media campaigns. Use these quick and simple tips to build your email list.
Draw Interest with Entries
Who doesn’t love to win? Get your audience’s attention by hosting a contest. The more engaged they are in your brand, the more likely interested participants will be to sign up for your email list. Make your contest interesting and draw maximum attention:
- Promote to relevant audiences. You only want truly interested entrants on your email list.
- Make the prize something potential customers will find irresistible. This is another way to make sure that only interested participants sign up.
- Offer bonus incentives for those who don’t win. As a thank you for entering your contest, treat the participants to a percent off offer or something else they will appreciate.
- Keep in contact with entrants. Through your promotion, communicate with participants, possibly offering them a coupon.
- Provide extra entries for referrals. Want even more participants? Offer additional entries into your contest when they share it with others.
Amass Addresses at Trade Shows
If attending trade shows is something you do for your business, take advantage of the opportunity to gather email addresses. This is a great way to build your marketing list, adding interested attendees. Build your list with these tips:
- Use a sign-up sheet. Even though it’s a little “old-fashioned” it still works to collect email addresses.
- Take advantage of your tablet. Make it easy for interested parties to directly enter their email address on your site using your iPad or other tablet. Another option is to download an app for easy information gathering.
Entice Subscribers with Exit Intent Pop-Ups
Pop-ups have been used successfully for years. Many times a pop-up appears as you enter a site, but a more appropriate option is an exit intent pop-up. This user-friendly screen appears just as the visitor is about to leave your site. Adding an exit intent pop-up to your website offers a quick and easy reminder for an interested person to subscribe to your email list. Give them something free for subscribing and you’ll have even more success.
Gather Addresses with a Giveaway
Make it enticing for your audience to share their email addresses by offering them something for free. Make it something that you can distribute in mass quantities with minimal effort. Here are some good options:
- E-Book: This can be anything that would interest your audience—motivation, instruction, opinion, anything at all.
- Guides: A how-to about making something or completing an action that is related to your niche.
- Training Videos: Similar to a guide, but more visual.
- Reports: Discuss the benefits and features of a particular topic.
Build a List with Your Blog
Blogging is a great way to add fresh content to your site on a regular basis. It also offers you an opportunity to share interesting and helpful information with your audience. But did you know that you can use it to grow your email list, too? Add a call to action at the end of each post you write or use a pop-up to remind readers to subscribe.
Your email list is an invaluable marketing tool that can be used to boost your business. Contact us so we can help make your email marketing campaign a success.